The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

50 Cent Launches Film Production Company, Pushes Back Album

Check here to read and discuss latest news and media from the Shady / Aftermath family.

50 Cent Launches Film Production Company, Pushes Back Album

Postby Jumbo » Jan 20th, '09, 11:51

It appears as though 50 Cent never stops thinking of new ventures to become a part of. Whether it's music, clothing lines, movie roles or books, the rapper has been a part of a myriad of enterprises.

Now, Reuters reports, 50 will be adding film production to the ever-growing list. Fif is spending this week at the Sundance Film Festival promoting his new film production company, Cheetah Vision.

"I don't think it will affect me as much as it will the other people that are out there because I'm not afraid to finance some of these things myself if I have to," he said.

50 is known for his business acumen, particularly for his performance from June 2007 and June 2008, a period during which Forbes listed him as the No. 26-ranked celebrity earner. He pulled in an estimated $150 million for the year, $100 million of which came from the sale of Glaceau (a company 50 had a stake in) to Coca-Cola Co.

50 explained that Cheetah Vision has bought eight scripts, and that one of the first ones to be produced would be "The Dance," starring himself and Nicolas Cage.

"(The script) was previously passed around a little bit but both me and Nicolas Cage had an interest in the film so it will still happen. He plays the founder of a boxing program, and I play a fighter who goes to state prison," said 50.

"They are all different types of movies that I bought the rights to, and we're developing projects. You will see different things from me in the future," he added.
The rapper will also be making his debut as a director this year when he gives out the film "Before I Self Destruct" free with his album of the same name. Fifty also wrote and produced the flick.

"It's an opportunity to make sure my fans get to see my first piece," he said of the film. "It actually allowed me to show cause and effect to some of the actions that I wrote about on the album."

"Because I have three minutes to create a song it's not enough time for me to give an explanation for a person doing these things. It's just saying the action and not giving a description of the circumstances they are under."

In related news, 50 Cent's new album 'Before I Self Destruct' has been pushed back to a March release.

Source
Jumbo
Soldier
Soldier

Re: 50 Cent Launches Film Production Company, Pushes Back Album

Postby matz » Jan 20th, '09, 14:06

50s album pushed back? means eminems album pushed back, means dres album pushed back :n:
matz
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Jens14 » Jan 20th, '09, 14:26

matz wrote:50s album pushed back? means eminems album pushed back, means dres album pushed back :n:

Yes, son of a fucking bitch :angry:
Jens14
Renegade
Renegade

Postby totalblur » Jan 20th, '09, 18:38

goddamn... :n: :n: that sucks....
totalblur
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby ShAdY CaPo 08 » Jan 20th, '09, 20:00

wow, so i guess fiddy only cares about acting these days...tha asshole pushed his album back again...like shit, we joke about yea his albums not comin out till oct.2009 and relapse in feb2010 and detox willnt get released till spring 2011 but still will get pushed back...but its honestly like fuckin comin' true... i dont get it.. i really dont.. do you think sometime soon (within 2-3 monthes) slim will be like fuck it dude i cant keep waiting on you and drop relapse or do you think he's still gonna sit back and wait for this dumbass to release b.i.s.d....if he's waiting to release a hit that gets a lot of credit than he has to release the right song and stop expecting ppl to jump all on the 2 songs he's release for this album- their garbage. okay their not garbage but their not amazing. if he releases another one in a month and its no better than the other 2 (which are equally the same on how good the tracks are, maybe i get it in is a wee bit better) then b.i.s.d is a lame ass album. real talk too. but id probably still purchase it.... sick of this shit. he's turning into ice cube.
see they can trigger me but they'll never figure me out...

-Lil Jimmy.
ShAdY CaPo 08
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby BigBangBazinga » Jan 20th, '09, 20:10

I think it would be suspicious if he acutally dropped the album on the date first announced. :p
I'ma be BALLIN UNCONTROLLABLY

Have you guys ever rapped along with Almost Famous? You cant deny, its fun LOL. - Miller1121

we stans listen to Eminem like 12 hrs or when ever our eyes are open. :coffee:
. - MCSam
BigBangBazinga
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Requiem » Jan 20th, '09, 21:56

^dammit! :angry:
R.I.P. Proof.
propz to Solace

I AM the dark knight, I AM Nightmare Moon, bronies beware

STAREOTYPE! It's official!
http://www.reverbnation.com/stareotype

James R. - who said you wouldn't meet nice people on the internet?
Requiem
Renegade
Renegade

Postby SayGoodbyeHollywood » Jan 20th, '09, 22:40

lol
I never grew up I was born
Grown And Grew DOWN
SayGoodbyeHollywood
Soldier
Soldier

Postby noel » Jan 20th, '09, 22:47

Just release relapse then detox before I self destruct !!

I guess albums sales are officially dead then?

Good luck with the career 50- keep buying those scripts!!
noel
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby rahul.never2far » Jan 22nd, '09, 05:23

50 Cent Launches Film Production Company :o

Shit! Now we will witness the release dates of movies pushing back :p
[RS]20,067MB of EMINEM/D12 Stuff ║»»»Updated(09.Mar)«««║ in Download Central Image Jump To The Thread

^^^ Everything Is TRShady ^^^

For rare and high quality Eminem downloads visit my blog
http://eminembasement.co.nr
rahul.never2far
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Brandon S » Jan 22nd, '09, 05:36

Heres all the scheduled release dates that have been for this album:

It was actually supposed to be in the place of Curtis, but he changed the order so that doesnt really count as delaying the album

February 4th 2008 - Wanted to release it on this day because thats when Get Rich dropped, he even said this on the kimmel show

March 2008 - Tony yayo said this in early 2008

November 2008 - 50 Cent first said this in september 2008 in a concert, once again i never believed it

December 5th 2008 - Delayed again after Get Up was a dissapointment

February 3rd 2009 - He actually should've released it here, its a good time because theres no other good hip hop albums on the horizon for this month and he could've easily made some lame ass #1 hit talkin bout money or hoes or some shit. but no, he released I Get It In which has been completely what i expected, NO RADIO

Now March 2009

He was supposedly done with this album in 2006, he even said this in vibe magazine a few years ago

C'mon Fif, just released your bullshit so we can hear relapse and detox. He will sell 500,000 first week no matter what probably because he still has a huge g-unit fan base. Shit, didnt that TOS garbage sell 300,000 first week and go gold eventually?
Brandon S
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Emadyville » Jan 22nd, '09, 09:49

Fuck 50 :whistle:
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django