The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

NEW STEVE SPAG ALBUM - Ready Or Not (MUST HEAR)

Re: NEW STEVE SPAG ALBUM - Ready Or Not (MUST HEAR)

Postby Steve Spag » Mar 30th, '10, 23:02

Kez you sure know how to make a rapper smile, haha. Thanks for the wonderfull feedback my dude, and I'm humbled that you are feeling it soo much!
Former Rap God
Image
Image
User avatar
Steve Spag
Role Model
Role Model
 
Posts: 3055
Joined: Jul 14th, '06, 21:08
Location: Top Secret.
Gender: Male

Re: NEW STEVE SPAG ALBUM - Ready Or Not (MUST HEAR)

Postby Tash8 » Mar 30th, '10, 23:05

your album sucks, you know why?
User avatar
Tash8
Addict
Addict
 
Posts: 12522
Joined: Feb 19th, '07, 20:04
Gender: Male

Re: NEW STEVE SPAG ALBUM - Ready Or Not (MUST HEAR)

Postby Solace » Mar 30th, '10, 23:08

^I wanna take a stab at this.

...'Cause you're not in it? :o
Image
User avatar
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence
 
Posts: 19901
Joined: Apr 25th, '08, 03:12
Gender: Male

Re: NEW STEVE SPAG ALBUM - Ready Or Not (MUST HEAR)

Postby Tash8 » Mar 30th, '10, 23:09

Solace wrote:^I wanna take a stab at this.

...'Cause you're not in it? :o


yes, no tash8 productions on this album.

thats BLASPHEMOUS!
User avatar
Tash8
Addict
Addict
 
Posts: 12522
Joined: Feb 19th, '07, 20:04
Gender: Male

Re: NEW STEVE SPAG ALBUM - Ready Or Not (MUST HEAR)

Postby Steve Spag » Mar 30th, '10, 23:11

Tash8 wrote:
Solace wrote:^I wanna take a stab at this.

...'Cause you're not in it? :o


yes, no tash8 productions on this album.

thats BLASPHEMOUS!

LOL, you are MORE than welcome in donating for the next Steve Spag project! ;)
But for real, what are your thoughts bro?
Former Rap God
Image
Image
User avatar
Steve Spag
Role Model
Role Model
 
Posts: 3055
Joined: Jul 14th, '06, 21:08
Location: Top Secret.
Gender: Male

Re: NEW STEVE SPAG ALBUM - Ready Or Not (MUST HEAR)

Postby Dark Blue » Mar 31st, '10, 00:17

:o gonna check this shit right now :worship:
HATERS If you worked your dreams like you do your mouth - things would happen for you
User avatar
Dark Blue
Addict
Addict
 
Posts: 10004
Joined: Mar 7th, '08, 22:14
Location: canada
Gender: Male

Re: NEW STEVE SPAG ALBUM - Ready Or Not (MUST HEAR)

Postby Emadyville » Mar 31st, '10, 19:28

Racing for answers (I gave you this beat :coffee: ). Dope song, rhymes dope, flow seemed on point throughout, hook fits and sounds good. much replay value. (Same sound on this song though, with your voice, we talked bout this before).

Along this road- Hooks real good and laid back. Flows nice, similar to "racing" though speed wise. Voice sounds the same on this song as well. Replay value somewhat, buit because of the hook/beat. Outro, thought you talking was a little too loud.

The chosen one-Hooks good, but same structure/sound/flow for the most part as "racing" and "along this road". Flow sounds the same/very similar to "racing" and "along this road" as well. 2nd verse stood out, didn't like the last line of it though, felt it shoulda been stronger. Third verse was alright, weakest of the song tho. this one has no replay value for me.

Into the dust- Song starts sick with your first 2 lines, rhymes are sick, multi's out the ass, (leave a mark like a sharks bite- :worship: ). Hooks good because its diff then the first 3 songs, but just a good hook, fits well though. 2nd verse dope, rhymes nice, delivery needs to be better tho, you're kinda-monotone (like we talked about) kinda ruins it. no real replay value for this track.

women woes-flows a little shaky, because i like that it's not as similar to the first songs. i think hearing the beat plain would be weird, but it works with what you did. i like the style of this, outro is good. I enjoyed this, has replay value.

Common sense-flows different somewhat then the first 3 tracks so it's standing out, the speed is good. hooks good, similar style again to the first 3 songs, but the delivery is good. Delivery is A LOT better on this shit. this is what i'm talking about, i'm kinda pissed i waited 6 songs to hear you use a delivery thats not so monotoned. 2nd verses rhymes/flow/delivery was one of the best i've heard from you. 3rd verse is unique, and is good cause it's diff from the first 2 with your voice-sound and thats dope. best song so far, much replay value.

look both ways-flows good, it's diff from first 3 songs. you have that same sound though, it's better somewhat cause you have a better delivery/emotion in this, hook is nice, like the flow on this cause it's faster but sounds dope. 2nd verse, your rhyme scheme just sounds like so much of your material, rhymes are always good but you keep very similar rhyme schemes in your tracks. 3rd verse, faster and sounds different, best verse on this, this is def one of the better verses so far, flow is dope too, you end it kind of abrupt, as in no emotion in your delivery made me feel it was ending, and also the lyrics prolly shoulda been stronger to end it. doesn't have much replay value for me.
User avatar
Emadyville
Django
Django
 
Posts: 24833
Joined: Jan 17th, '08, 15:58
Location: Catasauqua PA
Gender: Male

Re: NEW STEVE SPAG ALBUM - Ready Or Not (MUST HEAR)

Postby Emadyville » Mar 31st, '10, 19:42

act accordingly-i like that this is different, but your voice on this makes it boring. lyrics/rhymes aren't that strong, but this song style/concept doesn't call for it, at least thats what i think and you musta too. this is fun, and i like how you ended it. thought this woulda been funnier though or had funny-type lyrics. has some replay value

ready or not-has the same flow/sound as so many songs i heard from you, i'm not done with the first verse but this already is boring me because of that. the hook on this i really like. 2nd verse, the other person style coming in is nice cause it switches it up, flow switches and see thats nice, delivery is much better/less moontoned (voice better too), this verse was dope. 3rd verse, rhymes are dope but again, same flow as i'm used to hearing and voice again the same. your songs need to be styled more like the 2nd verse of this, where they sound different. song has some replay value cause hooks good.

behind closed doors-same flow you use so often, delivery needs to better, you are sounding better on this but it still partly sounds so familiar, i expected you to sound sadder/have more emotion in your voice. i love this hook, also, if you did put more emotion (sadness) into the verse it woulda offset it and made it stand out. surprising this was only a verse :o i'm guessing beat was only that long, too short for a more serious-emotional style track. i liked ur lyrics in this, song has some replay value, but def too short.

napoleon-haha cant wait to hear what u sayin on this beat :sweating:
love this concept, lyrics are great as well as the rhymes. the napoleon dragged out on the hooked doesn't sound very good at all. flows more interesting on the second verse with your lyrics. overall, this was good, the dragged out napoleon on the hook makes this not have replay value tho for me.
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that


I love you Daren
User avatar
Emadyville
Django
Django
 
Posts: 24833
Joined: Jan 17th, '08, 15:58
Location: Catasauqua PA
Gender: Male

Re: NEW STEVE SPAG ALBUM - Ready Or Not (MUST HEAR)

Postby Emadyville » Mar 31st, '10, 19:51

o btw, the reason this is in 3 posts, once i get to the bottom of the message box the typing jumps and i cant see what im writin, so sorry for that.

Ok to rate this mixtape overall, i'd say that it's not as good as the last mixtape/album I gave you full feedback for. what I said a lot on each song, and i got tired of repeating it but I wanted to be thorough, is that you still, on almost every song sound the same. in addition, your flow is so similar on songs on this, as well as your last mixtape. i've told u this before, you have great rhymes, and as im listening im often thinking damn, kid keeps this multi going, but when it keeps sounding the same its like it doesn't even matter anymore because it's boring. you have to work on a delivery and have more emotion and changes in emotion, the songs you dont sound monotoned stand out a lot more and are much more listenable because of it.
your flow overall was solid except for a little on women woes, but while you flowed well, you used the same structured flow so often again it became boring. one thing i didnt like either was the fact that you didnt have any stand out concepts except for napoleon, i remember last mixtape had a lot more concept type tracks than this one did, which can also make it somewhat boring.
i hope you really start taking into consideration what feedback i've been giving, because from last mixtape to this it seems you didn't, which is fine if this is how you always wanna sound and flow, but the lyrical ability and rhyming ability (also you have pretty good mixing which is better than most people like you and me doing this music shit) you have needs to be utilized better, and thats the best advice i can give you. keep working hard :y:
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that


I love you Daren
User avatar
Emadyville
Django
Django
 
Posts: 24833
Joined: Jan 17th, '08, 15:58
Location: Catasauqua PA
Gender: Male

Re: NEW STEVE SPAG ALBUM - Ready Or Not (MUST HEAR)

Postby Mr. Chambers » Mar 31st, '10, 20:27

Emadyville wrote:o btw, the reason this is in 3 posts, once i get to the bottom of the message box the typing jumps and i cant see what im writin, so sorry for that.

Ok to rate this mixtape overall, i'd say that it's not as good as the last mixtape/album I gave you full feedback for. what I said a lot on each song, and i got tired of repeating it but I wanted to be thorough, is that you still, on almost every song sound the same. in addition, your flow is so similar on songs on this, as well as your last mixtape. i've told u this before, you have great rhymes, and as im listening im often thinking damn, kid keeps this multi going, but when it keeps sounding the same its like it doesn't even matter anymore because it's boring. you have to work on a delivery and have more emotion and changes in emotion, the songs you dont sound monotoned stand out a lot more and are much more listenable because of it.
your flow overall was solid except for a little on women woes, but while you flowed well, you used the same structured flow so often again it became boring. one thing i didnt like either was the fact that you didnt have any stand out concepts except for napoleon, i remember last mixtape had a lot more concept type tracks than this one did, which can also make it somewhat boring.
i hope you really start taking into consideration what feedback i've been giving, because from last mixtape to this it seems you didn't, which is fine if this is how you always wanna sound and flow, but the lyrical ability and rhyming ability (also you have pretty good mixing which is better than most people like you and me doing this music shit) you have needs to be utilized better, and thats the best advice i can give you. keep working hard :y:



^i co-sign pretty much this guy...

tho i'd like to add that there are times where your rhymes and punchlines/similies/metaphors were elementary....like i would hear them and go :facepalm ......it almost seemed like every song pretty much had the same message tbh....bar 1 or 2 tracks....

with that being said it was better then your last mixtape (i disagree with emady on that)...your flow on your last tape made it almost too awkward to listen and pretend to seem remotely interested....but this one at least showed improvement in that aspect.....

another thing i noticed...is you use your accent to help you rhyme words a few times....which to me is a huge no no......kinda like a cheat code...


i did enjoy many of the choruses tho.....most were fairly catchy and nicely written

overall it was ok.....nothing amazing but not bad.....
Image
Image

so much WIN!
User avatar
Mr. Chambers
Soldier
Soldier
 
Posts: 1743
Joined: May 28th, '09, 02:03
Location: pittsburgh
Gender: Male

Re: NEW STEVE SPAG ALBUM - Ready Or Not (MUST HEAR)

Postby Emadyville » Mar 31st, '10, 20:33

chambers wrote:with that being said it was better then your last mixtape (i disagree with emady on that)...


good thing you said this, i should clear up exactly how i meant that for you steve. your last mixtape had more songs i thought had replay value and i would want to hear again/did continue to listen to. so with that, in addition to what i previously said, is why i think this wasn't better than the last mixtape (which i think makes sense, there were more songs i'd wanna listen to on that mixtape, therefore it'd have to be 'better').

also what chambers said about hooks, i mentioned it in the feedbacks for the songs but not at the end, overall this mixtape had great hooks that were fitting, sounded real good, and fit the songs (some are what made the song).
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that


I love you Daren
User avatar
Emadyville
Django
Django
 
Posts: 24833
Joined: Jan 17th, '08, 15:58
Location: Catasauqua PA
Gender: Male

Re: NEW STEVE SPAG ALBUM - Ready Or Not (MUST HEAR)

Postby Steve Spag » Mar 31st, '10, 20:43

Thanks for the feed ya'll, keeping it coming, it's all very much appreciated!
:D
Former Rap God
Image
Image
User avatar
Steve Spag
Role Model
Role Model
 
Posts: 3055
Joined: Jul 14th, '06, 21:08
Location: Top Secret.
Gender: Male

Re: NEW STEVE SPAG ALBUM - Ready Or Not (MUST HEAR)

Postby Tash8 » Mar 31st, '10, 20:43

yea i agree i remember i used to bump these three songs from you all the fuckn time

sick of this
fallin' apart

and there was another one but i forgot the name....ur hooks used to be dope as fuck man...you used to say shit that i wanted to hear..now you kinda tried to go complex and that kinda ruined the enjoyability...though it was still a good album...
User avatar
Tash8
Addict
Addict
 
Posts: 12522
Joined: Feb 19th, '07, 20:04
Gender: Male

Re: NEW STEVE SPAG ALBUM - Ready Or Not (MUST HEAR)

Postby Steve Spag » Mar 31st, '10, 20:45

Tash8 wrote:yea i agree i remember i used to bump these three songs from you all the fuckn time

sick of this
fallin' apart

and there was another one but i forgot the name....ur hooks used to be dope as fuck man...you used to say shit that i wanted to hear..now you kinda tried to go complex and that kinda ruined the enjoyability...though it was still a good album...

LOL, my old stuff was garbage. I don't know how you guys like that crap lmao.
The only good thing about my older tracks were my quality, but everything other than that has been improved.

Oh, and Emady, I think you'll be diggin' the emotion in the next CD I put out (more info on that soon).
Former Rap God
Image
Image
User avatar
Steve Spag
Role Model
Role Model
 
Posts: 3055
Joined: Jul 14th, '06, 21:08
Location: Top Secret.
Gender: Male

Re: NEW STEVE SPAG ALBUM - Ready Or Not (MUST HEAR)

Postby Tash8 » Mar 31st, '10, 20:51

Steve Spag wrote:
Tash8 wrote:yea i agree i remember i used to bump these three songs from you all the fuckn time

sick of this
fallin' apart

and there was another one but i forgot the name....ur hooks used to be dope as fuck man...you used to say shit that i wanted to hear..now you kinda tried to go complex and that kinda ruined the enjoyability...though it was still a good album...

LOL, my old stuff was garbage. I don't know how you guys like that crap lmao.
The only good thing about my older tracks were my quality, but everything other than that has been improved.

Oh, and Emady, I think you'll be diggin' the emotion in the next CD I put out (more info on that soon).


that "crap" was more enjoyable to me than this...but it's fine i'm excited for ur next cd hopefully you can mix the styles together to mesh up a great album.
User avatar
Tash8
Addict
Addict
 
Posts: 12522
Joined: Feb 19th, '07, 20:04
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to A.S. Collections



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot]

cron